Another exciting announcement here at Curation Suite. We just added ImgUr.com to the content search giving you the ability to find images, image gallery’s, animated gifs, and memes right within Curation Suite.
Here’s a video overview:
ImgUr.com is a top photo sharing site that is home to some of the most trending images and memes on the planet. You’ll often find these memes spread throughout Reddit, Twitter, Facebook and other popular websites. On this site you’ll find images and galleries from movies, home improvement projects, funny memes, and even breaking news.
With this new update you can easily curate and publish these same pictures, galleries and memes on your own site or blog. If you’re not familiar with ImgUr and it’s potential I suggest you spend a little time browsing the site.
You should be able to find images, galleries, and memes to curate no matter what market or niche you publish within. Sometimes you just have to get little creative but it’s well worth it. Curating from sites like ImgUr is the easiest curation and publishing you can do.
- Here’s how to use this new search within Curation Suite:
- Create a new post in your WordPress dashboard
- Open the Curation Suite sidebar and click on the Search Tab
- Select ImgUr in the drop down
- Either enter a keyword to search or just click search. (note: with ImgUr you don’t have to enter a keyword to get the Top, Viral, or most recent content).
- Results will come back. You can easily add any images or the embed to your post. For each ImgUr post you’ll also get more information such as total likes, dislikes, comments, and views.
In this release are a few other additions:
- New APP – This update also requires you to update the Licensing plugin. This will add ImgUr to the connected apps screeen
- Foundation updates for future features
- Note: In the next release we’ll be taking out the CQs – Curation Quality Score.